Saturday, September 13, 2008

Memorable MGS1 Quotes

Naomi: Well, if you come back in one piece, maybe I'll let you do a strip search on me.
Solid Snake: I'll hold you to that, doctor.

Liquid suddenly appears in the Hind]
Liquid Snake: So the Snake's finally come out of his hole? Are you ready now... my brother?
Solid Snake: Why are you calling me brother? Who the hell are you?
Liquid Snake: I'm YOU. I'm your shadow.
Solid Snake: What?
Liquid Snake: Ask the father that you killed. I'll send you to hell to meet him.

Prison Guard: [If he sees Snake squirt the ketchup around himself] What are you playin' around with that ketchup for?
[Laughs]

Vulcan Raven, Genome Soldier B: You live in Alaska too? You are aware of the Alaskan Indian-Eskimo Olypmics?
Solid Snake: Yeah, I know it. You must be a real threat in the muktuk eating contest.
Vulcan Raven, Genome Soldier B: Yes, but there is another event that I excel at. It is called the ear pull. It is an event where two contestents pull each others' ears while enduring the harsh cold. It tests pysical as well as spiritual strength.
Solid Snake: You wanna pull each other's ears?

Otacon: The truth is... my grandfather was part of the Manhattan Project. He lived with the guilt for the rest of his life. And my father... he was born on August 6, 1945.
Solid Snake: The day of the Hiroshima bomb. God's got a sense of humor, all right.

Sniper Wolf: Snake, I'm near. Can't you sense me near you?
Solid Snake: It's a mistake for a sniper to reveal her location.
Sniper Wolf: Is that right? Well I'm going to send you a love letter, my dear. Do you know what that is? It's a bullet straight from my gun to your heart.

Solid Snake: [during the briefing of the mission] I told you. Even if I do owe you, I don't owe anything to this army or this country!
Roy Campbell: You will accept this assignment.
Solid Snake: Why should I be stupid enough to do that? I'm no patriot.
Roy Campbell: Snake, there's enough dirt in your file, from your days as an agent, to keep you in the stockade until you're a very old man.
Solid Snake: Oh I see... blackmail.
Roy Campbell: No, Snake. I prefer to look at it as helping you come to a decision more easily.

Solid Snake: Metal Gear is in an underground maintenance base to the north.
Meryl Silverburgh: Take me too. I know this place better than you do.
Solid Snake: You'll just slow me down. You don't have enough battle experience.
Meryl Silverburgh: I won't slow you down. I promise...
Solid Snake: And what if you do?
Meryl Silverburgh: Then you can shoot me.
Solid Snake: I don't like to waste bullets.

Solid Snake: I'll only accept orders directly from you, Colonel. No cutoffs involved, okay?
Roy Campbell: Agreed. That's why I was called. But one thing...
Solid Snake: What?
Roy Campbell: I'm not a Colonel anymore, just a retired old warhorse.
Solid Snake: I understand... Colonel.

[Solid Snake, locked up, sees the DARPA Chief's corpse]
Solid Snake: Looks like I got a roommate...

[about Wolf]
Otacon: I don't know why, but she's nice to me.
Solid Snake: Sounds like Stockholm Syndrome to me.

Roy Campbell: I just invited you here so we could have this chat.
Solid Snake: Invited? That's what you call sending armed soldiers after me?
Roy Campbell: Sorry if they were a little rough with you.

Solid Snake: How did they get your password?
Kenneth Baker: I never had any training on how to resist torture.
[coughs violently]
Solid Snake: [about Ocelot] It looks like he had some fun with you alright.
Kenneth Baker: Oh he isn't human, I tell you he loved every second of it.
Solid Snake: What happened to your arm?
Kenneth Baker: He broke it.
Solid Snake: Looks like you're more than even now, his was sliced off.
Kenneth Baker: Ha! You're a funny man.

Mei Ling: Snake. That's a ladies bathroom.
Solid Snake: I know that. I saw Meryl come in here.
Mei Ling: So you went in after her? Are you some kind of pervert? I won't let you save your mission now.
Solid Snake: Listen Mei Ling, this is the only place on this base that I can talk to Meryl alone.
Mei Ling: Whatever, weirdo. Don't call me again.

Dr. Naomi Hunter: Are you smoking?
Solid Snake: Yeah, so what?
Dr. Naomi Hunter: Didn't you know that cigarettes contain benzopyrene, a chemical that leads to lung cancer? We now know that when benzopyrene enters the body, it changes to benzopyrene diolepoxide and attaches to the receptors on the P53 gene, the gene which causes lung cancer. The BPDE attaches to the P53 gene in three specific locations and causes pre-cancerous changes to the lung tissue.
Solid Snake: You know a lot about science, but you don't know how good a cigarette tastes in the morning.

Roy Campbell: If you ask me, these so-called Next-Generation Special Forces should to be called "simulated soldiers". They have no real battle experience.
Solid Snake: Video game players, huh?

Meryl Silverburgh: So, there's something you like?
Solid Snake: Yeah, you've got a great butt!
Meryl Silverburgh: Oh, I see! First it's my eyes, now it's my butt! What's next?
Solid Snake: On the battlefield, you never think about what's next.

Solid Snake: Colonel, about Meryl...
Roy Campbell: I... I already know!
Roy Campbell: Meryl was... my daughter!
Solid Snake: What?

Gray Fox: Snake, be careful! There are Claymore mines around there. Use a Mine Detector!
Solid Snake: Who are you?
Gray Fox: Just call me "Deepthroat".
Solid Snake: Deepthroat? The informant from the Watergate scandal?
Gray Fox: Never mind about that.
Solid Snake: You're not using burst transmission. Are you nearby?
Gray Fox: Listen. There's a tank in front of your position waiting to ambush you.
Solid Snake: Who are you, anyway?
Gray Fox: One of your fans.

www.imdb.com