Sunday, October 19, 2008

Memorable MGS2 Quotes

Colonel: I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!

Colonel: Actually, I am in really bad shape financially. I pay money to my ex-wife as part of our divorce settlement, among other bills... I just had no choice but to make you pay for lunch the other day. I'm really sorry.

[about Fortune]
Revolver Ocelot: You were hamming it up as the tragic heroine, thanks to the script the Patriots wrote for you. It was pure self-indulgence - you couldn't get enough of the drama.

Solidus Snake: Good luck.
Fortune: Thanks, but I already have quite enough of that.

[Solid Snake hides in a locker]
Solid Snake: This reminds me of when we first met.
Otacon: I was the one inside the locker that time. We're equal now, huh?
Solid Snake: Not unless I wet my pants.
Otacon: That's a low blow, Snake.

[When the player equips a cardboard box]

Iroquois Pliskin: The cardboard box that you have is ideal for fooling your enemies. It's a very important tool for infiltration missions.
Raiden: Really?
Iroquois Pliskin: Of course. I can't begin to count the number of agents whose lives were saved by a cardboard box...
Raiden: You mean everyone's using them?
Iroquois Pliskin: Look, I'm not exaggerating when I say the success of your mission hinges on how you use that cardboard box. But in the end, a cardboard box is only made of paper. Handle it with care or it won't be of much use to you. Don't think of it as just another box. Treat it with love... Don't be rough. Okay?

[Raiden loses all of his gear and is forced to sneak around in the nude]

Colonel: Raiden, you won't be able to Hang, throw, or chokehold anyone in your current state.
Raiden: Why not?
Colonel: Is it really necessary to ask? It's just not a good idea to perform those maneuvers. There could be... complications.
Rose: Oh really, Jack. Do we have to spell it out for you? Really!

[Examining Emma's Policenauts poster]
Raiden: What kind of a dork brings all this stuff to work? Must be a super freak!

Pliskin: Fatman. Supposedly he's nicknamed after an atomic bomb, but to me he's just a Fat Man. Something straight out of a sideshow.

Solidus Snake: How much do you think we spent on that arm in Lyon? The best transplant surgery in the world!
Revolver Ocelot: I never trust a Frenchman.

Raiden: So you're the boss around here?
Solidus Snake: No, not just here. I'm the boss to surpass Big Boss himself. Solid Snake!
Solid Snake: No! That is NOT Solid Snake!

Otacon: What are you doing? How can you shoot someone whose unconscious, what are you some kind of monster?

Fatman: Oh no, my suit... now I've nothing to wear to the party.

Raiden: Why didn't you tell me you were the real Snake?
Solid Snake: You never asked.

Olga: I know I'm going to hell, but at least my child...
Solidus Snake: I applaud your attitude. If you have a death wish, I'll be happy to accomodate you! See you in hell!

[When Snake tries to kill Fortune]

Raiden: What are ya gonna do? Bullets can't get near her.
Solid Snake: I'll think of something. There's no such thing as a witch.

[Raiden is guarding Emma with a PSG1 sniper rifle]

Solid Snake: Think you can handle it?
Raiden: Yeah. I know the drill. I've faced a similar situation in Advanced Mode Level 4 VR training with the PSG1.

USMC Commandant Scott Dolph: Identify yourself!
[the soldiers rush with their guns ready to shoot Ocelot]
Revolver Ocelot: I am Shalashaska, also called... Revolver Ocelot
[Shows the past scenes of Metal Gear Solid]
Solid Snake: VR...? Guess that's better than nothing. Make sure you don't hit Emma.

Colonel: I'm not home right now. Please leave a message after the beep. BEEP!

[Fortune finds Raiden and mistakes him for Snake]

Fortune: Now I'll kill you... just like you killed my father.
[She powers up her massive rail gun, and Raiden sees it's aimed right at him]
Raiden: Ooooh, crap.

Solid Snake: This is Snake. Do you read me, Otacon?
Otacon: Loud and clear, Snake.
Solid Snake: Kept you waiting, huh? I'm at the sneak-point.

Colonel: [while an enemy is urinating onto Raiden] Uh, Raiden... my sympathies.

Colonel: Raiden, what's your status?
Raiden: Colonel? I've got Emma Emmerich here... we've managed to avoid drowning.

imdb.com