Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Memorable MGS4 Quotes

Old Snake: I'm no hero... Never was. I'm just an old killer... Hired to do some wet work.

[holds up Snake] 

Johnny Sasaki: Drop your weapon! 
[Snake holds up his hands and turns around] 
Old Snake: You haven't even taken the safety off, rookie. 
Johnny Sasaki: Careful, I'm no rookie! I'm a ten year vet. 
[looks closer to check. Snake uses CQC to snatch his rifle and throw him to the floor] 
Old Snake: How the hell did you ever survive ten years? 

Colonel Roy Campbell: War is to the 21st century what oil was to the 20th; the pillar that supports the global economy. 

[on the Beauty and the Beast Unit] 
Drebin: War transforms us, Snake. Into beasts. 

Old Snake: Now you're a mere mortal, just like us. 
Vamp: But can you kill this mere mortal? 

Otacon: Look. 
Old Snake: It's Naomi. 
Otacon: ...And Vamp! 
Old Snake: The Beauty and the Beast... 

Vamp: You, too... Immortal? 
Raiden: No. I just don't fear death. 

[the two are badly wounded] 
Ed: You and me... We were great partners. 
Jonathan: No... Great friends. 

Big Boss: [to Snake] If you had been in my place back then, maybe you wouldn't have made the same mistakes I did. Ever since the day I killed The Boss with my own hands, I... was already dead. 

Big Boss: Boss... you were right. It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... the way it is. It's about respecting the will of others, and believing in your own. 

Raiden: [introduction scene] Snake, it's my turn to protect you... 

Vamp: How about it undying man? care to die too? 
Raiden: I'm sorry but I can't die yet.

Big Boss: [to Solid Snake] I never thought of you as a son, but I always respected you as a soldier... and as a man.

Raiden: I am lightning, the rain transformed... 

imdb.com